Steve Berkus, President of Berkus Construction, offers 25 years experience in building/real estate development with a portfolio of custom spec homes, multi-family projects and mixed-use residential over commercial. Berkus recently spearheaded LEED Platinum certification on an infill development, with a second Platinum pending for a prototype “pre-cast” concrete home engineered for the Gulf Coast region.
- December 2009 Builder Developer Magazine, Who’s Who in Homebuilding, www.bdmag.com/features4.php
- 2009 Gold Nugget Awards
Pacific Coast Builders Conference
Best in Show – Project of the Year Award
Grand Award, Sustainable Residential Neighborhood – Detached Home category
- 2009 Residential Architect Design Awards
Award of Merit, Single-Family Production: Detached Home category. (One of 44 merits given in a field of 1,100 entrees)
- 2009 Pubby Awards “In-Fill Community of the Year”, reference http://www.greenhomebuildermag.com/features3.php.
- Among the first in the nation to become LEED certified “Platinum” for multi-family construction. This certification recognizes many aspects of Green building techniques and methods, one being outstanding indoor air quality.
- Energy Star Qualified Home Partnership
- Southern California Gas Company’s Advanced Home Program